Friday, August 12, 2011

Lamentations as Gripes, Groans and Observations

While in the strictest sense a lamentation is a complaint, I use it here in a broader sense of rambling observations about the world we inhabit, or more specifically, the world I, and approximately 2.1 million people (and rapidly falling), inhabit.  

Las Vegas Nevada is a dichotomy, wrapped in an algebraic equation stuffed into the box it created for itself some years ago.  The original adult playground (at least modernly: if television is to be believed ROME was a pretty wild place in its day), Las Vegas has become a pale shroud of its original self.  I "lament" this change and wanted a forum to bring some of the more troubling elements to the greater public's knowledge.  I also wanted to be able to trumpet how great my city can actually be when she deserves the praise. 

To make sure my ramblings get the full impact I will learn how this blogging thing works.  I will learn how to bring you pictures of America's Playground, warts and all.  Just as soon as I can find a reasonable 12 year old to explain how!  You see, I'm a Luddite at heart.  I did not catch the tech train when it started and I'm now racing along side her as she chugs out of the station, one hand almost on the rail to make the fateful jump aboard.  So, please be patient as I come to grips with the "brave new world" of Orwellian communication and interpersonal relationships that is social media and blogging. 

A few house keeping issues.  I have a job.  I work long hours and my time is often not my own.  Posting may be sporadic at times.  My writing will probably be disjointed and poorly composed from a classical grammar perspective.  Please look past these inadequacies as I bring the inner melange that is Las Vegas to your attention.  I will make every effort to bring quality comments here as often as possible and look forward to creating a rewarding experience for you as a reader of my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment